Remote technical support and other remote services, including remote rooting, jailbreaking, installation and setup of Guardian require you to install remote access software onto the target phone (and sometimes on your computer). The software product that we use is called Team Viewer Quick Support, and it is available free of charge. This article explains how to install and prepare Team Viewer Quick Support on your device.
Step 1 – Download and Install
- Open the Play Store app on the target phone and tap the search bar.
- Search for “Team Viewer Quick Support” and then select it from the search results (Make sure that you select the “Quick Support” version as there are a number of different versions available).
- Tap on the Install button and wait for the app to download and install
- When it has completed, open the app (either tap the Open button if you’re still within the Play Store, otherwise find the icon on the target phone’s home screen and tap that).
Step 2 – Additional Steps
- If the target phone is rooted then you can expect SuperSu or your superuser app to pop up a permissions request screen (as below). It is important that you tap on “Grant” so that the Team Viewer app is granted the permissions it requires. We recommend unticking the option shown below to prevent the superuser app from asking for permissions again.
- On certain devices, Team Viewer may require additional resources or have addons that need to be downloaded. You will be asked for permission to proceed with any additional downloads (as in the screen below). Please click the Download button.
Step 3 – Using Team Viewer
(this only needs to be done when we need remote access)
To use Team Viewer just tap the icon on the home screen. A screen will appear (as below) that displays a 9-digit ID. That ID must be given to us so that we can connect to the target phone. It is important that you keep the Team Viewer app open and running until we have connected to the phone.
The last thing you need to do will be to allow us to access the target phone. The app will prompt you when we connect to Team Viewer, and will not allow us access to the device unless you approve. Click the button as indicated in the screen below.